cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: interactions with PostgreSQL sequences
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 06:33:07 GMT
> I'm looking for ideas to debug, ideas on how likely it is that
> Cayenne and the database have differing takes on what the next
> primary key should be and things like that.

That's what I suspect too... Sequence increment must be the same in
DB and in Cayenne model (note that in Cayenne increment is 20 by
default, unless you change it per entity). Did you create sequences
using the modeler, or by hand?

In any event you can drop and recreate the sequences again. Since you
already have some data, you will need to set the initial value. The
syntax is described in this Jira issue (that we need to add to
Cayenne eventually)

http://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-401

Andrus