cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Caching query results
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:01:53 GMT
Until 3.0 invalidating query lists was totally up to the developer.

In 3.0 we added three things - RefreshQuery (mentioned by Ari),
"query cache group" concept, and pluggable QueryCache. This makes
clustering and refresh policy management much simpler. I am running
this latest code (3.0 trunk essentially) in pre-production
environment on a cluster using OSQueryCache and it work extremely well.

I am going to document it better at some point (maybe even write an
article). For now please post on the list if you have more questions
about that. Essentially I do something like this:

dataDomain.setQueryCacheFactory(new OSQueryCacheFactory());

and then configure "oscache.properties" with group refresh policies
(see OSQueryCache javadocs and OSCache framework documentation for
details).

Once you have this set up, you can build in more bells and whistles
if you wish. For instance I implemented the following extensions on a
customer project:

* a web console for interactive cache group invalidation on the cluster.
* hooks to invalidate certain groups when certain entities are
modified by the user via another new 3.0 feature - callbacks (I am
going to write an overview of callbacks soon).

Andrus