cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Eric Lazarus <ericllaza...@yahoo.com>
Subject Diagramming/documenting: how should we do that?
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 05:15:28 GMT
Folks

I want to be able to document the object model and the
relational model in an attractive and clear way. We
are building them both in the modeler. What should we
do to be able to create something that can be used to
document our work in a useful way? I'm envisioning an
ER diagram with attributes or something. Is there a
tool that will walk though the schema or something and
draw this for me or with me?

Can something open source (
http://www.gnome.org/projects/dia/ perhaps?) or visio
or something read in the schema and do the diagrams?

If I pull down the eval version of togetherj, would
that work for me?
http://www.borland.com/downloads/download_together.html
What are my options? Will togetherj even work given
the way that cayenne works?

Thanks,

Eric