cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@ish.com.au>
Subject TransactionDelegate and willCommit
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 02:51:18 GMT
We have implemented a TransactionDelegate as per the instructions on
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAYDOC/Understanding
+Transactions We are however, finding some problems:

1. willCommit() appears to run even on a query to the database, not
just when committing data. But perhaps this is just a naming thing.

2. We are getting an exception on the line of code "DataContext
context = DataContext.getThreadDataContext();"

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Current thread has no bound
DataContext.

Under what circumstances can there be a transaction which invokes
TransactionDelegate but no context at that time?

Ari Maniatis

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001