cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Øyvind Harboe" <oyvind.har...@zylin.com>
Subject Expression.filterObjects() and SelectQuery
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 07:43:17 GMT
Q1: Do the results of Expression.filterObjects() for all records in a
table and the same expression used in SelectQuery always match?

I hope the answer is "not currently, but once outer joins are
supported, yes", because it will give me the following procedure to
work around the outer join problems:

- Run a query to return a subset of a table
- Run filterObjects() for the remaining troublesome expression

Q2: Are Expressions ambigous when used with Expression.filterObjects()?

Q3: If Expressions are unambigous when used with
Expression.filterObjects(), then why would I want them to be ambigous
for SelectQuery?

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com