cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tobias SCHOESSLER <Tobias.Schoess...@unvienna.org>
Subject Problems with MySql id type with AUTO_INCREMENT
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:22:22 GMT

I use cayenne 1.2, MySql. AUTO_INCREMENT ids

the type of the id field in the mysql schema is set to

INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT UNIQUE

I create an object of this table with cayenne and commit. I see the row
inserted ok. When accessing the Id of the object via

      getObjectId().getIdSnapshot().get(this.FOLDER_UID_PK_COLUMN)

in the same DataContext the type of the Object retruned is a Long. (Though
I would have expected it to be an Integer from the MySql jdbc
documentation)

When I use a fresh DataContext and retrieve the same row the id object
returned by

      getObjectId().getIdSnapshot().get(this.FOLDER_UID_PK_COLUMN)

seems to be an Integer ?

I tried to set the type to

INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT UNIQUE

which is supposed to be of Long type from the jdbc type documentation of
MySql.

to force the id object always to be a Long but cayenne still returns an
Integer when reading  from the db.

any ideas?

thanks