cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: cayenne 3
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 14:41:20 GMT
Hi Marcin,

IIRC these major changes have occurred:

* package renaming (this also requires the new Modeler)
* removal of deprecated API
* (the one that you noted) temporary InvalidateListCacheQuery was
replaced with a more generic RefreshQuery
* removal of Log4J (and explicit logging configuration in Cayenne)
* switch to Maven (I haven't tested the latest assemblies yet, but we
should have a full Modeler build working)

So while things change quickly, nothing IMO destabilized the code so
far. You are taking a certain risk of course by running the
development code. My advice would be to take a note of the SVN
revision number of the code you are using, so that you have an option
of applying later bug fixes without a full update to the latest
snapshot every time.

Andrus