cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cayenne INSERTs NULL values instead of strings - SOLVED
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 17:15:59 GMT
For velocity itself, there's

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/docs/user-guide.html

If you're going to create your own customized templates, I'd recommend
using version 1.2 of cgen (the code generator).

This puts some code tools into your template context to let you do
common templating operations easier.

You can look at the default templates for examples, and taken from
there (for 1.2) are:

##  Classes available in template
##    objEntity - the ObjEntity class: See
org.objectstyle.cayenne.map.ObjectEntity
##    stringUtils - class for string "helper" functions: See
org.objectstyle.cayenne.gen.StringUtils
##    entityUtils - class for entity "helper" functions: See
org.objectstyle.cayenne.gen.EntityUtils
##    importUtils - class for import statement management: See
org.objectstyle.cayenne.gen.ImportUtils