cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Ayhan Kondoz" <Ayhan.Kon...@freenet-ag.de>
Subject Custom SQL query - HowTo
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 08:42:34 GMT
Hello,

i need to make a custom SQL query where the resultSet doesn't match any
of the dataMap's. My SQL query only returns a list of id's. Something
like this

SELECT customer.id FROM customer c WHERE .....

And I want to iterate through this list of id's and do something with
them.

Could someone please tell me how to do this with cayenne? I tried to use
SQLTemplate but it needs a DataMap or something similar to work but I
don't have an appropriate DataMap!!!
Then I tried to use a dataContext.performGenericQuery() but again I
don't know how to create a proper Query object.

Thx
Ayhan Kondoz