cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Gentry" <blackn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving object between DataContext
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2006 14:26:41 GMT
At the risk of asking silly questions, why do you need the second
DataContext?  If you do need the second one, could you wait until you
pull the object into the second context to do the setters?  (So the
second context sets modified correctly.)

Your comment about Cayenne not thinking an object is modified is
correct.  If you have:

if (object.getFirstName().equals("Michael"))
{
    object.setFirstName("michael");
    object.setFirstName("Michael");
}

You essentially haven't modified the object and Cayenne figures this out.

Thanks,

/dev/mrg