cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Bianchi" <erbian...@gmail.com>
Subject Building Expression on the fly and many to many problems
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:18:09 GMT
Hello list,

I'm building a small application in Tapestry / Cayenne which involves
transactions and people playing a role in a transaction. People /
Transaction is a many to many relationship with a role in between.

I'm trying to dynamically build queries on transactions, choosing
people and role in a list and get all transactions corresponding to
these criteria. So basically, I create my Expressions on the fly using
expression.fromString(object path) and I join all my Expressions with
the andExp method.

With more than 1 person, I have 0 transaction as result. Cayenne is
actually building a SQL Query with only one  TransactionPerson  in the
FROM  although i'd like to see something like

SELECT ...
FROM Transaction t0, TransactionPerson t1, TransactionPerson t2,
TransactionPerson t3 ...
WHERE t1.person_id = ? and t2.person_id = ? and t3.person_id = ?

with as much as TransactionPerson than people choosen by the user.

I've tried to use addPrefetch on TransactionPerson with
JOINT_PREFETCH_SEMANTICS with no success

Any tips or idea ?

Thanks in advance

--
Eric Bianchi <erbianchi@gmail.com>