cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Oscar Maire-Richard <oma...@sidsa.es>
Subject How to share no committed objects between sessions
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:41:12 GMT
Hi,
I would like to know your suggestions for what I think is a common problem:

For each request my application obtains an identifier (that is not the
PK but must be unique), if a DataObject with this identifier exists,
uses it, other case creates a new one; does some processing (with other
DataObjects) and commits all. I am using a data context per session.
My problem is how to avoid DataObjects with duplicated identifiers when
several sessions send requests simultaneously.

An obvious solution is to synchronize the whole process until the commit
is done, however the processing requires a long time, and I would like
to parallelize to improve performance.

Thanks,

Oscar