cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: remote object persistence - client classes
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 18:52:48 GMT
Remote calls are done via a RemoteService interface (all low-level
details are handled by Hessian).

public interface RemoteService extends Remote {
     RemoteSession establishSession() throws RemoteException;
     RemoteSession establishSharedSession(String name) throws
RemoteException;
     Object processMessage(ClientMessage message) throws
RemoteException, Throwable;
}

The interesting part is "processMessage(ClientMessage)" - essentially
all communications (including queries and updates) are done using a
set of ClientMessages. The simplest message would be a QueryMessage
that holds a NamedQuery. This is probably the place to start.

To estimate the level of effort ... with my current knowledge of the
framework it would probably take me 2-5 hours to rewrite a very basic
context-less query client in Java . There may be language-specific
caveats of course. And a learning curve...

Andrus