cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Arturo Perez <ape...@hayesinc.com>
Subject Re: Re: setPageSize causes blowup?
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 18:41:41 GMT

Gentry, Michael (Contractor <michael_gentry <at> fanniemae.com> writes:

> Cayenne does some things a bit easier than EOF.  Such as automatically
> reconnecting to your database when the connection has been lost and
> automatically opening new database connections for multithreaded
> operations.  I'm also fond of the dual-class generation, like
> EOGenerator gave.  Still amazed Apple never built that into EOModeler or
> bundled it ...
>
> /dev/mrg

Actually, it's not Cayenne that makes me miss WebObjects.  I think it's doing a
find job as an EOF-ng.

What's getting me down is all the data translation between the Struts-based
front end (strings?  integers?  what happened to my OBJECTS!?) and the
business logic layer.

Now, I'm updating a Neanderthalish Web application so I don't have the
complete freedom to switch to something else.  Click sounds intriguing.

Any other recommendations for in-house Web application front-end development
that plays nicely with Cayenne?

-arturo