cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: writeNestedProperty
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 08:03:55 GMT
Cayenne 3.0 will likely be supporting both kinds of persistent
objects throughout the stack - those that implement DataObject (i.e.
provide generic access to properties) and POJO's (or at least objects
implementing Persistent interface) that doesn't have [read|write]
(Nested)?Property. So the users will have a choice.

In this context adding writeNestedProperty makes sense for the first
category.

Regarding nulls - Cayenne is like EOF in this respect - if a null is
encountered in the path, null is immediately returned from the method.

Andrus