cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@ish.com.au>
Subject RemoteIncrementalFaultList and object ids
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 15:22:32 GMT
The JavaDoc for the class RemoteIncrementalFaultList reads in part:

"A list that serves as a container of Persistent objects. It is
usually returned by an ObjectContext when a paginated query is
performed. During creation, only the first "page" of objects is fully
resolved; for the rest of the objects only their ObjectIds are read."

In our case we have a paginated list fetched in 3 tier on a client.
We want to be able to find a particular record in this list and we
know its primary key (ObjectId ?). But we don't want to have to
resolve the entire list to do so.

There appears to be no field in RemoteIncrementalFaultList which
stores the ObjectId and I can't find anything in the source code
which suggests it is accessible. What I really want is:

getObjectId (int index) -> objectID

or

indexOf (objectId) -> index

But I wonder if the JavaDocs are correct and such a thing is possible
at all. It appears that RemoteIncrementalFaultList resolves faulted
records purely by index in the list and not by ObjectId.

Ari Maniatis

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001
PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2  A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8