cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tore Halset <hal...@pvv.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: Generating primary key locally without extra tables
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:19:19 GMT
On Jun 21, 2006, at 15:16, √ėyvind Harboe wrote:

> If I can have an MSAccess & Oracle & MS SQL adapter that supports
> server generated keys, then that will also solve my problems.

So, after your MSAccess-work, it does support generated keys. MS SQL
Server adapter works with generated keys if you use jtds. I have not
used the oracle adapter, but it does not look like it supports
generated keys.

Looks like (googling) the Oracle jdbc driver does not support
generated keys either. Perhaps you can create a separate PkGenerator
that uses the max()+1 hack just for oracle?

  - Tore.