cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: very, very serious problem - null values where objects should be
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 15:59:42 GMT

On Jun 5, 2006, at 7:34 PM, Tomi NA wrote:

> How would this provide more information than monitoring
> setToObjectGroup() execution? Where is writeProperty used outside of
> the setters?

The framework can access objects bypassing the setters (e.g. this is
how Generic Persistent Class operates [1], but this is also true for
any DataObject).

So since I don't know how your code is written, I am making general
assumptions going from Cayenne end. There are two suspects. First is
that the relationship is nullified indirectly by Cayenne in response
to a sequence of events in the application. One more level down this
path - can you try putting a thread dump in 'writePropertyDirectly'
overriden method and see if it shows anything.

Second is that serialization is somehow involved, as deserialization
accesses fields directly.

These are the two ways to bypass the setters. Otherwise I am out of
ideas (without looking at the code that is).

Andrus

[1] http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAYDOC/Generic
+Persistent+Class