cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Tapestry tutorial advice
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 09:19:23 GMT

On Jun 9, 2006, at 1:17 AM, Watkins, Garry wrote:

> I did give it a try with WebObjects, and I had success.  My roadblock
> there is that, I don't want to process ArrayLists.  I would rather
> work
> with NSArray.  I was wondering if you would consider using a
> factory to
> do the construction of List objects.  I used aspectj and did
> trapped the
> list modification methods that would throw OperationNotSupported
> errors
> for NSMutableArrays, therefore a factory could create a NSMutableArray
> as a list and everything should work afterwards if you use the

You can use custom
org.objectstyle.cayenne.property.ClassDescriptorFactory to customize
how the objects are built. The factory is set on the DataDomain's
EntityResolver. Specifically custom factory will need to tweak how
ToManyListProperty operates to return a subclass of NSArray that
implements ValueHolder interface.

Also I believe you will need to patch the faulting mechanism, that
currently uses static fault singletons in a few places (search for
'Fault.getToManyFault()'), and replace it with ClassDescriptor based
approach.

> On another note, I have several patches to submit for the wocompat
> package, but I was not sure if you wanted them, because you put it
> into
> RC1 already.

We won't be able to apply them now, but RC also means that the new
release cycle will soon start. Stay tuned.

> Andrus as a person with WO experience, which of the other
> frameworks do you think works the best?

I like Click. Don't know how representative this is of a "former WO
user" :-)

Andrus