cayenne-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andrus Adamchik <>
Subject Re: NullPointerException in LRUMap.reuseMapping (was DataRowStore.processUpdatedSnapshots)
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:46:35 GMT

On Jun 13, 2006, at 7:38 PM, Lothar Krenzien wrote:

> Thanks for answer.
> I've synchronized all acces to the member fields "snapshots" and  
> "snapshotLists" (which are of type LRUMap) ) in the class  
> "DataRowStore" and the problem went away. Additionally I changed  
> the visibility for this two fields from "protected" to "private"  
> and created a (synchronized) getter for both.  In the class  
> "DataDomainQueryAction"  in method "interceptOIDQuery"  I changed  
> the line 187 from "cache.snapshots" to "cache.getSnapshots()"  so  
> that I use the new created getter instead of direct access to the  
> field.
> If it helps you I could send you the changed sources or check in it  
> in subversion.
> Hope that helps
> Lothar

Your confirmation of the problem cause definitely helps. Probably no  
need to send the patch - I still want to poke around to figure out  
the best synchronization strategy that doesn't affect performance too  


View raw message