cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Lothar Krenzien <lkrenz...@web.de>
Subject Re: IllegalStateException in DataRowStore (thrown by LRUMap)
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:12:44 GMT

I did it yesterday and now I'm getting the already known NPE again. And I'm sure that I didn't
changed the cayenne version. But what I saw is that in the case of NPE always the same method
of me is called. As a starting point I can synchronize the method, but it shouldn't be neccessary.
Here's the method that causes the NPE:

public boolean isLoggerAlreadyAvailable(DaoContextIfc ctx, String loggerSerialNumber) {
 DataContext context = getDaoContext(ctx);
    Expression expr = ExpressionFactory.matchExp("serialNumber", loggerSerialNumber).orExp(ExpressionFactory.matchExp("newSerialNumber",
loggerSerialNumber));
    SelectQuery query = new SelectQuery(TblLogger.class, expr);
    List<TblLogger> loggerList = (List<TblLogger>) context.performQuery(query);
    if (loggerList.size() == 0) {
      return false;
    }
    return true;
 }

No instance variables are used.

I've seen also that the class 'SQLTemplateResourceManager' uses a LRUMap.  And there wereall
access to LRUMap already synchronized. Maybe you can take a look at that class.

Another question :
I have a class which is extended from 'WebApplicationListener'. In the method 'sessionDestroyed'
the following code is executed :

ObjectStore objectStore = dctx.getObjectStore();
objectStore.objectsInvalidated(objectStore.getObjects());

It that really neccessary ? The code was written by some programmers, which has leaved the
company.

Thank, Lothar

http://smartsurfer.web.de/?mc=100071&distributionid=000000000071