cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Borut BolĨina <...@najdi.si>
Subject MySql auto generated PK
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 06:52:44 GMT
Is something broken or am I missing something in my setup, but when
inserting, Cayenne is generating PK instead of using AUTO_PK_SUPPORT.

I use Cayenne 1.2RC1, mysql-connector-java-3.1.13
This is mapping:
<db-attribute name="oid" type="INTEGER" isPrimaryKey="true"
isGenerated="true" isMandatory="true"/>

and this is how I generate the tables
MySQLAdapter mysqlDbAdapter = new MySQLAdapter();
mysqlDbAdapter.setSupportsFkConstraints(true);
mysqlDbAdapter.setSupportsGeneratedKeys(true);
generator = new DbGenerator(mysqlDbAdapter, dataMap);
generator.setShouldCreatePKSupport(true);
generator.setShouldCreateFKConstraints(true);
generator.setShouldDropTables(false);
generator.runGenerator(dataSource);

AUTO_PK_SUPPORT table gets generated and correctly populated with table
names and initial value 200.

When inserting records, Cayenne inserts records with PK 1,2,3,...
ignoring AUTO_PK_SUPPORT. No SELECT FROM AUTO_PK_SUPPORT happens in log
files.

What did I miss. I think this worked months ago when exercising Cayenne
with some simple examples.

Cheers,
Borut