cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Watkins, Garry" <gwatk...@motleyrice.com>
Subject RE: Tapestry tutorial advice
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 21:17:14 GMT
I did give it a try with WebObjects, and I had success.  My roadblock
there is that, I don't want to process ArrayLists.  I would rather work
with NSArray.  I was wondering if you would consider using a factory to
do the construction of List objects.  I used aspectj and did trapped the
list modification methods that would throw OperationNotSupported errors
for NSMutableArrays, therefore a factory could create a NSMutableArray
as a list and everything should work afterwards if you use the

On another note, I have several patches to submit for the wocompat
package, but I was not sure if you wanted them, because you put it into
RC1 already.

Andrus as a person with WO experience, which of the other frameworks do
you think works the best?

Thanks
Garry

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrus Adamchik [mailto:andrus@objectstyle.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:46 PM
To: cayenne-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tapestry tutorial advice

Just wanted to point out that Cayenne works just fine with *all* of
them.

I recall some recent attempts to marry Cayenne with WO frontend, not
sure about the outcome; Click is interesting in that (among other
things) it explores reusing of Cayenne metadata in the UI layer; there
is a long history of Cayenne working with Tapestry; same is true for
JSP, Struts and WebWork. So there are some choices :-)

Andrus