cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Gentry, Michael \(Contractor\)" <michael_gen...@fanniemae.com>
Subject RE: MySql auto generated PK
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:13:14 GMT
I didn't keep up with the MySQL stuff too much, but I believe support
was added (sometime in 1.2) for auto-increment columns.  The
isGenerated="true" is what controls it, I believe.  Assuming my memory
is working, that attribute tells Cayenne to not use the AUTO_PK_SUPPORT
table and instead rely on MySQL to auto-increment the value and return
it to Cayenne.

/dev/mrg

-----Original Message-----
From: Borut Bolcina [mailto:bob@najdi.si]
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:53 AM
To: cayenne-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: MySql auto generated PK

Is something broken or am I missing something in my setup, but when
inserting, Cayenne is generating PK instead of using AUTO_PK_SUPPORT.

I use Cayenne 1.2RC1, mysql-connector-java-3.1.13
This is mapping:
<db-attribute name="oid" type="INTEGER" isPrimaryKey="true"
isGenerated="true" isMandatory="true"/>

and this is how I generate the tables
MySQLAdapter mysqlDbAdapter = new MySQLAdapter();
mysqlDbAdapter.setSupportsFkConstraints(true);
mysqlDbAdapter.setSupportsGeneratedKeys(true);
generator = new DbGenerator(mysqlDbAdapter, dataMap);
generator.setShouldCreatePKSupport(true);
generator.setShouldCreateFKConstraints(true);
generator.setShouldDropTables(false);
generator.runGenerator(dataSource);

AUTO_PK_SUPPORT table gets generated and correctly populated with table
names and initial value 200.

When inserting records, Cayenne inserts records with PK 1,2,3,...
ignoring AUTO_PK_SUPPORT. No SELECT FROM AUTO_PK_SUPPORT happens in log
files.

What did I miss. I think this worked months ago when exercising Cayenne
with some simple examples.

Cheers,
Borut