cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Gentry, Michael \(Contractor\)" <michael_gen...@fanniemae.com>
Subject RE: Deploying N application with N x 2 databases
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:01:00 GMT
I did something similar: 1 server application connected to 6 identical
database schemas.  I have 6 DataNodes defined, though, but only 1
DataMap.  Documented here:

http://www.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAY/Copying+DataMaps

/dev/mrg

-----Original Message-----
From: Borut Bolcina [mailto:bob@najdi.si]
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:22 AM
To: cayenne-user
Subject: Deploying N application with N x 2 databases

What is the best (most elegant) solution to deploy standalone
application on several servers each using two databases. I don't want to

manually correct DomainMap (and DomainNode.driver) on each server to
point to correct database.

Databases A1..AN and B1..BN are identical, only data varies.

server1:application:database_A1,database_B1
server2:application:database_A2,database_B2
serverN:application:database_AN,database_BN

Should I create N DataNodes in modeler? Any hints appreciated.

Regards,
Borut