cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Gentry, Michael \(Contractor\)" <michael_gen...@fanniemae.com>
Subject RE: Tapestry tutorial advice
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 14:06:15 GMT
Good luck trying to find the Click web site with a Google search .. :-)

I've done a lot of WO, which is what led me to try Tapestry.  There are
things I far prefer in WO and things I prefer in Tapestry.  Tapestry is
definitely not a WO replacement, which caused me a bit of trouble in my
expectations.  I think part of it is the whole Servlet orientation,
which WO doesn't have to care about.

/dev/mrg

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Hopson [mailto:geoff.hopson@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 9:56 AM
To: cayenne-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tapestry tutorial advice

> > Andrus as a person with WO experience, which of the other
> > frameworks do you think works the best?
>
> I like Click. Don't know how representative this is of a "former WO
> user" :-)
>
> Andrus

I like Click as well. Tapestry doesn't "feel" right to me, kinda
kludgy after WO. Click is clean and simple, debugging is a breeze,
nothing magic going on under the covers, render chunks of pages
(forms, tables etc) completely in code, xhtml compliancy right there.
Certainly faster to develop with and seems to run faster too.

That's two...