cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Gentry, Michael \(Contractor\)" <michael_gen...@fanniemae.com>
Subject RE: Tapestry tutorial advice
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 17:50:02 GMT
Well, if you are on Java 1.5, you can use annotations to bind a HiveMind
created session into your page.  I don't have 1.5 of my server, so I had
to do it the hard way.  Took me a while.  (I didn't want deprecation
errors from using getVisit().)  I know have a
getSession().getDataContext() for my use.  This felt "right" to me due
to my WebObjects background.  I never tried doing anything with a
servlet filter.  I'd like to hear other thoughts, too.

/dev/mrg

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrus Adamchik [mailto:andrus@objectstyle.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:06 PM
To: cayenne-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Tapestry tutorial advice

I am reworking Cayenne tutorials for 1.2 final release. Since I
haven't used Tapestry for almost a year, and totally missed on 4.0, I
wanted to get some feedback from Cayenne/Tapestry users. What are the
good ways to bind DataContext to a session?

Current example puts it in the visit. I would personally use a
regular web app setup with Cayenne filter (making Tapestry app just
another web app case as far as Cayenne is concerned). I wonder what
others are doing in this respect? Any HiveMind magic?

Andrus