cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Tomi NA" <hef...@gmail.com>
Subject class linkage warnings (in a netbeans platform based app)
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 08:58:18 GMT
In a NetBeans platform app, 3rd party .jars are wrapped in something
called module wrappers.
cayennne.jar is one of the .jars I wrap and use and I get warnings for
all of them, but I believe people here will know how to explain the
cayenne related warnings:

verify-class-linkage:
Warning: org.objectstyle.cayenne.event.XMPPBridge cannot access
org.jivesoftware.smack.SSLXMPPConnection
Warning: org.objectstyle.cayenne.event.XMPPBridge cannot access
org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection
Warning: org.objectstyle.cayenne.event.XMPPBridge cannot access
org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException
Warning: org.objectstyle.cayenne.event.XMPPBridge cannot access
org.jivesoftware.smack.GroupChat
Warning: org.objectstyle.cayenne.event.XMPPBridge cannot access
org.jivesoftware.smack.packet.Message
Warning: org.objectstyle.cayenne.util.WebApplicationResourceLocator
cannot access javax.servlet.ServletContext
Warning: org.apache.log.output.jms.MessageBuilder cannot access
javax.jms.JMSException
Warning: org.objectstyle.cayenne.conf.BasicServletConfiguration cannot
access javax.servlet.http.HttpSession
Warning: org.objectstyle.cayenne.conf.BasicServletConfiguration cannot
access javax.servlet.ServletContext
Warning: org.apache.log.output.jms.TextMessageBuilder cannot access
javax.jms.JMSException
Warning: org.apache.log.output.jms.TextMessageBuilder cannot access
javax.jms.Session
Warning: org.apache.log.output.jms.TextMessageBuilder cannot access
javax.jms.TextMessage

Now, my app seems to work fine inspite of the warnings, but I'm
curious as to why - when I unpack cayenne.jar I see no e.g.
org.jivesoftware.* or javax.jms.* classes. I thought that cayenne.jar
bundled all it's dependencies and cayenne-nodeps.jar was a liteweight
version.

t.n.a.