cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Tomi NA" <hef...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dump cache contents
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 22:14:59 GMT
On 5/10/06, Cris Daniluk <cris.daniluk@gmail.com> wrote:
> It depends on what you mean when you say cache :)
>
> If you disable shared caching, each DataContext will have its own
> DataRowStore. That gets rid of "shared caching" (cleverly). Then, you
> can discard the DataContext after each operation to get rid of "local"
> caching...
>
> And you can dump the DataRowStore for debugging, though odds are its
> going to be huge and not very helpful to you. Better to use a
> debugger!

The problem is that I can't reproduce an error in the controled
environment in which I debug. This is why I need as much relevant
information as possible. Still, I believe I've thought of a way to log
everything I need.
This doesn't make me stop wondering why in heavens name there isn't a
general "turn off all cache and go to the DB for every bit of data"
switch. Ah well...

Tomislav