cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: class linkage warnings (in a netbeans platform based app)
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 23:57:51 GMT
It is one of the EventBridge implementations, and as such is used in
two places in Cayenne:

1. cross-VM server cache notifications.
2. client commit notifications in 3-tier setup.

Actually I wrote XMPP version of the event bridge specifically for
case (2), as unlike other Cayenne "bridges" it provides extra
*presence* information, so one can write an app on top of XMPP server
to watch who is online at any given time, or send an IM message to
all connected Cayenne clients, etc. I see lots of possibilities here...

Andrus