cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: AW: Default domain in cayenne.xml
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 17:25:59 GMT

On May 18, 2006, at 1:17 PM, Thilko Richter wrote:

> But, would you say it make sense to declare a "default" domain in
> cayenne.xml, in order to get a domain with getDomain() although you
> have
> configured more than one? Unfortunatly I am not so familar with
> Cayenne
> concepts ;-)

Cayenne domain is logically similar to a web server virtual host;
there is a concept of a default catch-all vhost in Apache, but I
don't find it all that useful.

It will be easy to add this feature in the future, but I'd like to
hear the reasoning behind it (and/or a specific scenario showing why
this is useful). I guess I just never needed it myself and nobody
ever asked.

Andrus