cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Jeff de Vries <jdevr...@pfrog.com>
Subject Caching problem?
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 04:09:20 GMT
Simplified version:  I have a parent table and a child table, where the
child table has a parent_id column and a status column.  I change the
status in one of the child records and commit the change.  Later, I ask
for the child records for the given parent record, but the child record
that I get back on which I changed the status still has the *old* status
instead of the new status.  If I look at the database, the child record
does have the new status (and in fact I can see the update and commit as
soon as I commit the child record change).

Why is the parent still seeing the old child status?  An additional note
is that I'm not using parent.getChildArray() but rather a
SelectQuery(Child) that matches toParent to the parent I'm interested in.

(This is in Cayenne 1.2B2 using PostgreSQL 8.1)

Thanks,
Jeff