cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tobias.Schoess...@unvienna.org
Subject Re: cayenne+jasperreports problem
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 09:42:07 GMT
Alan, did you make sure that the list you hand in contains DataRows? e.g. used SQLTemplate
to create the list  and set to return DataRows?

Alan Baltazar <acatalanb@yahoo.com> wrote:
hello,

  i implemented this
http://www.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAY/Jasper+Integration
to integrate cayenne and jasperreports for a web application (no spring framework, just
straight cayenne,struts web app). my problem here, is that, I get a class cast exception
for this class, DataRowDataSource (see arrow below).

public class DataRowDataSource implements JRDataSource {

    private Iterator rowIterator;
    private DataRow activeRow;

    public DataRowDataSource(List dataRowList) {
        rowIterator = dataRowList.iterator();
        activeRow = (DataRow)rowIterator.next();  <--- cast problem here (posted sample

                                                    didn't have the (DataRow) cast, i
added                                                    it here to compile)
    }

    public boolean next() throws JRException {
        boolean hasNext = rowIterator.hasNext();
        if (hasNext) {
            activeRow = (DataRow) rowIterator.next();
        }

        return hasNext;
    }

    public Object getFieldValue(JRField field) throws JRException {
        return activeRow.get(field.getName());
    }

}

 has anyone implemented this sample? if yes, how did you fix this problem? I'm using the
latest cayenne, struts, jasperreports versions.

Alan,