cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Error when join table spans datamaps
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 22:42:33 GMT

On May 18, 2006, at 6:28 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

> But the root problem seems to be that Cayenne should probably not be
> doing a join this way.   There's no guarantee that two DataNodes are
> running on the same database type, much less in the same database.
>
> Maybe it should be changing the join sql into two queries.

I understand. But this means that Cayenne will be doing a cartesian
product in memory, turning Cayenne in a database engine. I am really
not comfortable with "this is a natural limitation" excuse I was
about to make. Still not sure how else we can solve this. Short of
horrible performance, maybe doing joins within Cayenne SQLAction code
is not such bad an idea???

Andrus