cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Wells" <websyst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] MaCaTa - An introduction by example to 3 frameworks
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 23:02:15 GMT
Hi Michael,

Thanks very much for the feedback.  You're right, I've been rather busy with
this.  It's not perfect but I thought good enough to release for a first
cut.  I'm not sure how much more I can do with it though as in a few weeks
I'm taking a few months off and travelling around Europe, with the aim of
searching for some work later.

I really like your solution, sometimes we get caught up believing that one
way is the best and just go with it.   You've thought a bit about the
problem and solved it in a sensible way.  Now that you've shown this way it
looks like an obvious way to do this.  I guess the thing I like about
squeezers is that they are a touch simpler to use...once you've got it all
setup; you don't have to worry about indexes (not a big problem at all).
Unless security is a concern.  So I think in a lot of cases what you have
outlined is the better solution (off the top of my head).  Perhaps it would
dwell nicely within a Cayenne and Tapestry wiki?

Cheers,

Steve