cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Marcin Skladaniec <mar...@ish.com.au>
Subject Re: toMany relationship not fetched
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 00:58:59 GMT
Hi
Sorry to bother you once again, it looks so simple that I have no
idea what I'm doing wrong.
I have ported this small example to 1.2B1 and removed "Client
Superclass" (but we are using it in our project). I tested it on os x
and linux.
The problem persists.

I get two objects room and site to the same context :
		Expression expression = ExpressionFactory.matchExp
(CSite.NAME_PROPERTY, "test site");
		SelectQuery query = new SelectQuery(CSite.class, expression);
		Expression expression2 = ExpressionFactory.matchExp
(CRoom.NAME_PROPERTY, "test room");
		SelectQuery query2 = new SelectQuery(CRoom.class, expression2);

		List list = context.performQuery(query);
		List list2 = context.performQuery(query2);

		CSite site = (CSite)list.get(0);
		CRoom room = (CRoom)list2.get(0);

I set relationship:
		room.setSite(site);

I save the context:
		context.commitChanges();

At this point everything looks good. The relationship is set, foreign
key in database is set.
Than in separate context I fetch the room again:
		List list2 = context2.performQuery(query2);
		CRoom room = (CRoom)list2.get(0);

And hit the problem ...
		room.getSite() is null

I updated the zipped example to work with 1.2B1 (http://
smokidwa.freeshell.org/work/test.zip).

Marcin

> Marcin,
>
> I ported your test to B1 and ran it on my machine - it works
> without any errors. Can you confirm whether this is still a problem?
>
> BTW, I noticed one minor thing in the mapping - you should not
> populate "Client Superclass" field. This field is for the "wedge"
> class that may optionally be inserted in the inheritance hierarchy
> between cayenne.Persistent and _MyObject.
>
> Andrus
>

> On Mar 28, 2006, at 2:49 AM, Marcin Skladaniec wrote:
>
>> Hello
>> I tried with cayenne 1.2M12 but have the same problem.
>> Here is a small project based on the 3t example from sandbox
>> reproducing the malfunction I'm seeing. (http://
>> smokidwa.freeshell.org/work/test.zip)
>> all jars needed to run project are on http://
>> smokidwa.freeshell.org/work/
>> Marcin

>>> Can you create a small test-project to reproduce this behaviour?
>>> It will make it easier for us to help out.
>>>
>>>  - Tore.

>> ish
>> http://www.ish.com.au
>> Level 1, 30 Wilson Street Newtown 2042 Australia
>> phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001