cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: revertChanges method removed?
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 13:27:54 GMT
Chris,

> I'm trying to figure out which one of the rollback methods is the
> right one for me :)

Since your code predates Cayenne 1.2-Beta, you can safely ignore the
differences between 'rollbackChanges' and 'rollbackChangesLocally' -
you can use either one with the same effect.

> If I have multiple transactions running at the same time, and in one
> of them a commit fails, will it roll back all the other transactions
> too if I use rollbackChanges()?

Both rollback operations "undo" the DataContext object changes. This
has no effect on *transaction* in a J2EE sense (so a transaction may
have to be rolled back separately - it depends on how you transaction
support is setup). Still if you have multiple DataContext instances,
rolling back one of them has no effect on others.

To summarize - DataContext rollback sets persistent object properties
back to their last known committed values and has no other side effects.

Andrus