cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Jeff de Vries <jdevr...@pfrog.com>
Subject Re: PK problem with Postgre
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2006 20:41:51 GMT
We haven't upgraded to M12-B1 yet.  We'll do that and see what happens.

This has only happened maybe 3-4 times, under very light load
(basically a single user doing web interaction testing, though each
interaction would hit maybe 5-6 interrelated tables).

Naturally, it occurred once during a demo to upper management!  :-(

Jeff

On Apr 22, 2006, at 12:23 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> I am not sure if there was a race condition before, but since ~ M12-
> B1 PK generator operates under slightly different conditions, being
> tied to the commit transaction in progress. So have you seen this
> problem recently?
>
> Andrus
>

> On Apr 22, 2006, at 9:32 AM, Jeff de Vries wrote:
>
>> I have had this problem as well.  I'm using the "standard" value
>> of 20 (meaning I haven't changed anything from the defaults), and
>> I can see Cayenne query for the sequence value, followed by 20
>> insertions using a value incremented by Cayenne, etc.
>>
>> When the problem happens, I've gone and looked at the sequence
>> value in the database, and found, say, a value of 740, but there
>> is already an existing record with a value of 740 as a primary
>> key, so when Cayenne fetches the db sequence value of 740 and
>> tries to use it, I get the "duplicate key" error below.
>>
>> At this point I haven't been able to pinpoint any particular set
>> of events leading up to the problem (other than occasionally we
>> crash [for other reasons] and perhaps that leaves something funky?).
>>
>> In my pre-Cayenne days I always left the primary key field
>> unspecified and let PostgreSQL handle the incrementing.
>>
>> Jeff
>>

>> On Apr 20, 2006, at 6:43 AM, WONDER wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have problem with PostGreSQL ver 8.1.3 using JDBC ver
>>> 8.2dev-501 JDBC 3
>>> and Cayenne 1.2.B2.
>>>
>>> I use the Default Strategy to create the PKs using Cayenne. in
>>> the DB, i
>>> created the SEQ : pk_TableName. like pk_image for Table image.
>>>
>>> Sometimes I get the following error and sometimes it just work.
>>> Till now, I coulding find the logic behind.
>>>
>>> Anybody can help?
>>> Thanks.

>>> Class.Method(line):
>>> org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.QueryLogger.logQueryError
>>> (QueryLogger.java:43