cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Seeking to automate generation the cayenne schema
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2006 11:13:03 GMT
Craig,

Here is a few ideas.

1. Your model generator may fit into Cayenne as a new Ant task. We
already have a frontend for DbGenerator [1]. Yours will be
complimentary to cdbgen. Does anyone know how much trouble it is to
accept small (2-3 Java classes) donations @Apache? Hope this doesn't
have to go through the Incubator.

2. For now you may keep it either on sourceforge or in your own
repository - whatever is convenient to you.

3. An improvement suggestion - take a look at 1.2 AutoAdapter. By
using AutoAdapter you won't need to hardcode Cayenne adapter in the
code. The correct adapter will be determined dynamically in runtime.

[1] http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAYDOC/cdbgen

Andrus