cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Cypher !" <cyphe...@hotmail.com>
Subject caching persistent objects
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 23:46:29 GMT
Hi
In am using the latest version Cayenne with Tapestry 4 on Oracle and deploying as a servlet
to Tomcat 5. I have set up a filter for creating the DataContext. The problem I am having
is the application is hitting the database for virtually every request and not caching any
data at all. The QueryLogger is displaying all the database fetches and when a new session
is created, the application continues to start from scratch so to speak.
How do I enable shared caching and other types of caching and how do I turn the QueryLogger
on and off? I have taken a look at the document on the Cayenne website but that detailed query
caching. i am looking to apply application caching of persistent data.
Many thanks for your help.