cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Cypher her" <cyphe...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: cayenne get accessors
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 15:29:09 GMT
Thank all you very much for your help. I guess I am still in a WO frame of
mind and just need to get over it. Thanks again.

From: "Mike Kienenberger" <mkienenb@gmail.com>
To: cayenne-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: cayenne get accessors
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 11:07:42 -0400

On 4/4/06, Cyp her <cypher6x@hotmail.com> wrote:
 > Does Cayenne force you to have *get* before your property name to create
 > your get accessor e.g. getName().

No, you don't even have to generate subclasses if you don't want to.
It's just a convenience class.

http://www.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAYDOC/Generic+Persistent+Class

However, some of the "extras" like in-memory filterObjects won't work
if your DataObjects aren't in JavaBean form.   This is one of those
defacto standards that you probably want to follow, because you'll
eventually need a feature of some java library that requires it.