cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: MySql AUTO_PK_SUPPORT
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2006 07:12:16 GMT

On Apr 21, 2006, at 12:33 PM, Borut BolĨina wrote:
> INFO  QueryLogger: DELETE FROM AUTO_PK_SUPPORT WHERE TABLE_NAME IN
> ('source')
> INFO  QueryLogger: INSERT INTO AUTO_PK_SUPPORT (TABLE_NAME,
> NEXT_ID) VALUES ('source', 200)

An implementation of a smarter auto PK configuration mechanism has
been pending for some time, but I think this particular issue can be
addresses separately. You can try it on a custom PK generator and I
appreciate if you log this issue in Jira. Here is how the solution
might look like:

1. Override JdbcPkGenerator.createAutoPk(DataNode node, List
dbEntities) as follows -
2. Do a select from AUTO_PK_SUPPORT to check which entities are
already present in the DB
3. Subtract those entities from dbEntities list, getting a subset of
entities whose records are missing
4. This line "runUpdate(node, pkDeleteString(dbEntities))" should
only use a subset obtained in (3)

Andrus