cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Jeff de Vries <jdevr...@pfrog.com>
Subject Re: PK problem with Postgre
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2006 05:32:07 GMT
I have had this problem as well.  I'm using the "standard" value of
20 (meaning I haven't changed anything from the defaults), and I can
see Cayenne query for the sequence value, followed by 20 insertions
using a value incremented by Cayenne, etc.

When the problem happens, I've gone and looked at the sequence value
in the database, and found, say, a value of 740, but there is already
an existing record with a value of 740 as a primary key, so when
Cayenne fetches the db sequence value of 740 and tries to use it, I
get the "duplicate key" error below.

At this point I haven't been able to pinpoint any particular set of
events leading up to the problem (other than occasionally we crash
[for other reasons] and perhaps that leaves something funky?).

In my pre-Cayenne days I always left the primary key field
unspecified and let PostgreSQL handle the incrementing.

Jeff