cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Borut BolĨina <...@najdi.si>
Subject MySql AUTO_PK_SUPPORT
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:33:35 GMT
Hi,

I am constructing database tables with dbGenerator like this

    DbGenerator generator = new DbGenerator(autoDbAdapter, dataMap);

    generator.setShouldCreatePKSupport(true);
    generator.setShouldCreateFKConstraints(true);
    generator.setShouldDropTables(false);

    generator.runGenerator(dataSource);

This code executes every time an application is restarted. Becouse
setShouldDropTables is set to false, the tables in that database are
created only the first time - as it should be. But, becouse
setShouldCreatePKSupport is set to true, this gets executec every time

INFO  QueryLogger: DELETE FROM AUTO_PK_SUPPORT WHERE TABLE_NAME IN
('source')
INFO  QueryLogger: INSERT INTO AUTO_PK_SUPPORT (TABLE_NAME, NEXT_ID)
VALUES ('source', 200)

Of course I don't want AUTO_PK_SUPPORT to delete and reset values
already there from previous application runs. Is there a way, when this

    INFO  QueryLogger: *** error.
    java.sql.SQLException: Table 'AUTO_PK_SUPPORT' already exists

happens, that the above DELETE and INSERT don't happen?

-Borut