cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: OracleDataSourceFactory
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 15:26:30 GMT
On Cayenne end you need to specify JNDIDataSourceFactory and use the
JNDI name mapped in Tomcat.

I don't have experience with OracleDataSourceFactory pool per se, but
you don't have to use it - AFAIK Tomcat wraps the driver in its own
pool.

Watch out for two things:

1. Oracle driver jar must be in $tomcat_home/common/lib

2. server.xml entry depends on Tomcat version. Here is examples of my
existing configurations (note that there is no factory specification
anywhere, just the driver)

*** Tomcat 5.5

<Context path="/myapp" docBase="myapp">
   <Resource name="jdbc/myds" auth="Container"
           type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
           url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@127.0.0.1:1521:dbname"
           username="userName" password="secret" maxActive="5"
maxIdle="2"
	maxWait="-1"/>
</Context>

*** Tomcat 5.0

<Resource name="jdbc/myds" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
<ResourceParams name="jdbc/myds">
     <parameter>
        <name>username</name>