cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Gentry, Michael \(Contractor\)" <michael_gen...@fanniemae.com>
Subject RE: accessing cayenne sessions
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 14:15:25 GMT
First off, which version of Tapestry are you using?  And what version of
Java?

I've used Cayenne with Tapestry 3 and 4 and store my Cayenne DataContext
in the session.  The session handling has changed a bit between T3 and
T4, though (at least if you don't want deprecation warnings littering
your code), but the concept still works.  For example, one of my
listener methods (on an "Update" button) does:

public void update()
{
  getSession().getDataContext().commitChanges();
}

In WebObjects it would've been
session().defaultEditingContext().saveChanges().

I've not used JBoss for development, though.  I develop using Jetty and
deploy on Tomcat.

I'm not super-knowledgeable on Hibernate, but Cayenne is much more
EOF-like.  If you like what EOF does for the most part, Cayenne is a
good choice.

/dev/mrg