cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Gentry, Michael \(Contractor\)" <michael_gen...@fanniemae.com>
Subject RE: Exception: "Temporary ID hasn't been replaced on commit?"
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 14:50:50 GMT
Well, when I upgraded from T3 -> T4, I started using the new @For/etc
components and it broke everything because Tapestry wanted to serialize
all my Cayenne objects to the HTML source (and HIDDEN inputs, when you
viewed the source).  Everytime it deserialized them, I'd get hollow
objects and it would foul things up.  Just wanted to make sure that
wasn't the case here.

For grins, what happens if you use:

Answer a = (Answer) context.createAndRegisterNewObject(Answer.class);
a.setOfferedAnswer(oa);
a.setPerson(person);

Also, when do you do the commit?  What SQL are you seeing?

Thanks,

/dev/mrg

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomi NA [mailto:hefest@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 9:14 AM
To: cayenne-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Exception: "Temporary ID hasn't been replaced on commit?"

On 3/20/06, Gentry, Michael (Contractor) <michael_gentry@fanniemae.com>
wrote:

> Looks like you are using Tapestry.  Is it T4?  Are you using the new
> @For component (or similar)?

I am using Tapestry, but T3. I don't really see how this relates to the
problem: I createAndRegister a new object, attach it to the relevant
entities and commit the transaction. When I copy the generated SQL from
the
log and execute it manually, it works perfectly, as expected. It's just
that
cayenne has a problem with this. Or so it seems to me.

Tomislav