cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject [ANN] Cayenne 4.2.M2 release
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2020 06:48:30 GMT
4.2.M2 release is out [1]. A few cool things in this release:

* Support for JSON and geospatial value types.
* Ordering on aggregate functions and in-memory evaluation of aggregate expressions.
* Modeler support for downloading JDBC drivers from maven central.
* Runtime changes that may be less obvious to the end user, but allow to handle a variety
of edge cases.
* Bug fixes

Also looks like we are pretty close to beta freeze. The main scope of 4.2 is done, though
of course improvement ideas keep popping up all the time, especially now that the new stack
significantly expanded our SQL vocabulary and JDBC capabilities. E.g. one such idea is using
EXISTS instead of JOIN + DISTINCT for to-many conditions [2].

Enjoy M2!

Andrus

[1] https://cayenne.apache.org/2020/10/cayenne-42m2-released/
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-2684