cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Change tracking API in Cayenne
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2019 10:28:55 GMT
Was just answering Cayenne change tracking question on StackOverlow [1], and realized that
the only user-friendly API that allows to check for individual changes is "cayenne-commitlog"
that only works during commit. All the pre-commit APIs are internal and require lots of hoop
jumping. I think we can address that on the cheap in 4.2 by defining a method like this in
GraphManager.java:

  GraphDiff getChanges();

We already have such method implemented in ObjectStore, so there's really no effort and an
immediate benefit. Or take it a step further and additionally implement filtering changes
per object:

  GraphDiff getChanges(Persistent)

Thoughts?

Andrus