cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Deprecate SelectQuery in 4.2
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2019 05:45:08 GMT

On 28/6/19 11:47pm, Arseni Bulatski wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> SelectQuery is planned to be deprecated in 4.2.
> ObjectSelect has better api and is recommended to use.
>
> PR: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-2523
>
> Please, write your thoughts about it.

This is a pretty big change for many people. They would either not be
able to upgrade to 4.3 ever, or else spend potentially a huge amount of
time refactoring code. For my project, I'm guessing one person 4 weeks.

Or are you suggesting it be marked as deprecated, but kept around until
some important reason comes up to remove it. Perhaps 10 years from now
when it is mostly forgotten.

Ari